Well folks, my Canadian Music Week is over. It’s been a ton of fun, but I am exhausted! Since Wednesday, I’ve:
- trudged through a lot of disgusting weather
- saw 15 bands play, although not as many as I’d hoped to catch
- finally met people I’ve been meaning to meet for ages and saw plenty of good friends from all over
- did some entertaining interviews on whims (like Isis Salam who kissed me on the cheek but made fun of me for not wanting to have some of her drink or Cayne McKenzie who had us squished in a bathroom stall, you guys rock)
- was disgusted by a club district bar and the people in it
- wrote reviews at ridiculous hours in the morning
- had great dinners with the other bloggers
- got into a venue through the back door after a crazy glitterati band performed, so the backstage area looked like it was straight out of a movie
- ended the festival at a house party until 6am
- and much more.
Now, here’s my full list of coverage for Spinner:
Pre-CMW interview with the Wilderness of Manitoba, who shared a memory of an undercover city inspector visiting their house concert
Pre-CMW interview with Paper Lions, who talked about how much the East Coast has helped them, plus some really cool tour stories
Pre-CMW interview with Aidan Knight, who discussed his Friendly Friends, future projects and as he says, taking over the world
How was your CMW? Who’d you see?